Chapter 8 Tables
While back in the day tables were often used to format the layout of a web page, CSS is the page layout tool of choice for modern web developers. In this chapter, you'll become familiar with coding HTML tables to organize information on a web page.
Focus on Web Design
Good artists view and analyze many paintings. Good writers read and evaluate many books. Similarly, good Web designers view and scrutinize many web pages. Explore the Web and find two web pages, one that is appealing to you and one that is unappealing to you. Review the pages and answer the following questions for each one.
- What is the URL of the website?
- Does this page use tables? If so, for what purpose—page layout, organization of information, or another reason?
- Does this page use CSS? If so, for what purpose—page layout, text and color configuration, or another reason?
- Is this page appealing or unappealing? List three reasons for your answer.
- If this page is unappealing, what would you do to improve it?
Review game activities are available for this chapter.
Check your knowledge of chapter terms and concepts.
- No Updates for this Chapter
Questions or Comments?
The author would like to hear from you! Send an e-mail to email@example.com